Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fest Noz

I think I wrote before about the term which means Folk Dance or Ceildhi, a word I have always had trouble spelling and with which no spell checker can help.
The last one I attended was at Jugan Les Lacs which as you can tell by the name has lakes nearby. The Fest Noz was by the lake-side on the local football ground and was attended by about 500 hundred people of all ages. It really is a powerfull feeling dancing in a circle with so many people exactly in step and moving in unison.
There were two bands, one of which was composed of two fiddles and a guitarist. The two fiddlers were young women and the guitarist was a young man. It's nice to see young people playing traditional music and the young man called the dances.
It was free of course. I seem to say that a lot but I have been so used to everything being expensive in England that its such a suprise to find that life does not revolve around money.
Which reminds me that I have to pick blackberries to thank my neighbours for their gifts of vegetables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home