Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hospitality

I am still suprised and not a little ashamed when we are invited to our French friends' homes for diner. I hate cooking and when I confess this sin to my French friends they are not a little shocked. I do make an effort of course and always return their hospitality to the best of my ability but have far to go to reach their standard of cuisine. Our last meal out was at the home of Pierre and Annick . Pierre likes to play the accordion between the courses with Phil (fiddle) and Alan(whistle). As you can imagine if we begin at 8.00 pm as usual we rarely leave the table until 2.00 am except of course when a Breton dance tune is played and then those who can, leave the table to dance. All of the five courses are always delicious and all are accompanied by fine wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home