Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Visitors

Unfortunately for my August visitors they arrived the day the 'canicule' ended. The local Festival de Jazz was not affected. We enjoyed Dixieland, Samba, Salsa, African, Brazilian, Trad and Hot Club rhythms amongst others, all free in a variety of beautiful settings. One day the Festival came to my village and as it was my visitor's birthday the band played Happy Birthday for him. The same day we joined the walk to a nearby lake where we enjoyed our picnic to the strains of the same band. We then walked on to the main festival site exhausted after the 10 kilomete walk where we were renergised by some friends who met us for a birthday drink whilst we listened to three more bands.
My favourite by far was the big Salsa Band who had been to Cuba to learn the rythms and had the hundred strong crowd dancing in the street. I have never seen so much musical dexterity on my doorstep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home