Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Piano Recital

Last evening I drove about 20 miles on empty roads through beautiful countryside to a tiny village church to listen to a world class pianist, Louis Lancien, play Brahms,
Chopin and Liszt. All of 16 year years old, he has already played in Minsk, Paris, Mexico, Berlin and many places in France.
After the concert the audience were invited back to the organiser's house for drinks where we talked with his parents. Louis is the youngest child of six brothers and sisters. They all play an instrument including the father but excepting the mother! They were proud parents and this was the last tour for them. Louis is going into the big wide world to make it or not alone. Next on the list are Germany, Paris again ,Japon and many other venues.
I am frequently suprised at the generous hospitaliy, warmth and friendliness and modesty of everyone here. I never fail to be amazed at the choice and variety of music available to me on my doorstep.
And I drove home again on clear roads by the light of the full moon.
I saw an owl. My friend tells me that an owl at night means good weather tomorrow, an owl in the morning take warning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home