Wednesday, July 05, 2006

After the storm

I didn't sleep in the van after all as an almighty thunder storm threatened just before bedtime. It thundered and lightened most of the night . I have just inspected the damage to my garden which has been thirsting for water. The rain must have been heavy as my front door fuscias are almost flattened but happily there are two fragile, deep red, poppies standing very straight and tall.
Last week I met a couple at a boules match who proudly showed me their secret garden. It was truly magical with winding paths and water features totally enclosed by shrubs and trees and flowers. There were many nooks under the branches with inviting seats to shelter from the sweltering heat. This morning I saw that my acre looked more like a car park than a garden. I have much planting to do this Autumn to realise my dream out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home