Friday, December 15, 2006

festivities

Tuesday was a marathon meal and dance at the Salle de Fete, Wednesday was a long lunch with friends in a super restaurant in Lamballe. Thursday was an even longer meal and dancing followed by a show. I can never say no to these invitations and of course I enjoy the events but all the time I am thinking I should be writing, I should be writing. What's more, I doubt that they are the kind of events that I would go to in England. So what's different? I am trying to integrate into the local community and I am succeeding. People greet me by name. I am always included. Everybody talks to me but am I being a hypocrite? How do I express myself more honestly in a language that I am struggling to learn? It's hard enough in my own language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home